Standard Chartered Jersey Marathon is committed towards delivering a sustainable mass participation events by eliminating out as much single use plastic as possible.
A range of innovative initiatives have been implemented at the Standard Chartered Jersey Marathon which aims to reduce the events environmental impact and set the standard for Jersey mass participation events.
- Competitor finisher t-shirts are no longer individually wrapped in individual plastic bags, as requested by the event organisers.
- Competitors medals are no longer individually wrapped in individual plastic bags, as requested by the event organisers.
- Organisers would like to kindly request all competitors and spectators dispose of their used plastics within the relevant recycling bins provided at the events which are clearly labelled.
- By partnering with Jersey Water, the event no longer offers water bottles at any of our relay stations, this has reduced +2,000 water bottles.
- Plastic water bottles have been removed from all goodie bags, this has reduced another +1,000 water bottles.
- Organisers have banned any plastic straws and balloons from the event.
- Organisers are committed to correctly recycling outdated plastic banners and branding.
- The event no longer provides goodie bags as a runner reward.
- All race instructions and registration materials will be digital and not printed.