In our last communication, you will note that we were aiming to provide an a further update on the state of play of the Standard Chartered Jersey Marathon 2020 towards the middle/end of July, where we were expecting to have received the Government of Jersey’s Public Health Department’s guidelines for mass gatherings, as we moved to Level 1 of the Safe Exit Framework.

The Government of Jersey announced on Friday 24 July, that they had decided to remain in Level 2 of the Safe Exit Framework for a further two weeks, with a further review to take place on Tuesday 4 August. The Public Health Department’s policy for mass gatherings in Level 1 is yet to be finalised, and so we will update again as soon as we have further guidance for events, from both the Public Health Department and Bailiffs Chambers in Jersey.

UK Athletics have recently published Covid-19 related guidelines for event organisers and are again issuing race licenses for all event who can comply with the new guidelines.

We are very aware that this continued uncertainty is far from ideal and appreciate many of our runners are looking to book travel and make arrangements. We encourage runners to continue training and thank you for your patience and understanding in these very challenging circumstances.

We would also like to confirm that we will be holding July preferential entry fees until 17 August 2020.

An updated statement will be issued as soon as possible. To read more on the Government of Jersey’s recent update: